Dear Cricket Fans,
Welcome to 13th Annual Diversity Cup (DC) 2018!!!
GSI is grateful for your continued support for this event all through these years which brings us to the 13th edition of Diversity Cup (DC) in 2018. YOU truly are the champion in making this idea into a reality. DC 2018 will be played on July 13th, 14th & 15th. DC dinner is planned on July 14th at Troy Community Center at 7:30pm.
DC has grown leaps and bounds through these years setting higher milestones and expectations. DC 2017 was more than a special year for all of us for many reasons. To list a few,
- DC 2017 prize money was increased from $10,000.00 to $20,000.00
- Provided more games to the teams with online scoring
- Gave away cool prizes via DC raffle including a round trip ticket to Dubai
- Added a global corporation Mahindra as top sponsor.
To sum up, DC 2017 was a grand success with World XI Smart Choice winning the championship.
We, as a part of DC team always wanted to set higher bar for ourselves in the years to come and YES, once again we are dreaming BIG. We are planning to add new teams like Americas XI, Nepal XI. We may increase the Cash Award to $25,000 for DC 2018. We are also planning to organize a U-19 Diversity Cup on July 12, 13 & 14.
A scholarship is also planned to be given to a young college cricketer.
We will continue with raffle in DC 2018 with more exciting prizes including a roundtrip ticket to DUBAI. A complimentary dinner ticket will be provided to any individual buying 5 or more raffle tickets.
Please support and contribute by buying your raffle tickets @ https://globalsports.wordpress.com/events/
All this is only possible with your continued sponsorship and GSI, yet again, is looking for your extended support.
Please mark your calendar and join us on July 13th, 14th & 15th for 2018 DC.ome to Diversity Cup (DC) 2018!!!
2017 Diversity Cup
GSI is grateful for your continued support for this event all through these years which brings us to the 12th edition of Diversity Cup (DC) in 2017. YOU truly are the champion in making this idea into a reality. With the weather in Michigan being unusually better in mid-January, we thought it would be a great idea to start a kick off campaign for 2017 DC sooner than later.
DC has grown leaps and bounds through these years setting higher milestones and expectations. DC 2016 was more than a special year for all us for many reasons. Let’s make 2017 even better !
DC 2017 flyer, raffle draw, final schedule, and rules for the 2017 Diversity Cup are released today. Read below for all the details. Explore the registration and rules links below to register your team this week.
DC teams registration deadline is 6/28/2017, please fill out the attached registration form
Teams must comply as we need the info to get ready for online scoring process.
Teams must pay the entry fee before the start of the tournament. In case of non payment, team/s will not be allowed to play.
Group A last round robin match on Saturday may be delayed further and overs reduced due to 3 games scenario and travel considerations of several teams.
As announced, a meeting will be called with teams representatives to go over the rules of eligibility within a month of the DC2017 event completion.
DC DINNER INVITATION:
GSI is pleased to invite two representatives from each team to DC dinner on July 6th at the Troy Community Center at 7:30pm.
Teams uniforms have arrived, please make arrangement to pick up. Any extra uniforms must be ordered by tomorrow. Extra uniforms cost to be paid by teams.
CASH AWARD DETAIL:
Winners: $ 11000.00 to $12000.00
Runners up: $ 2500.00
Semifinalist (rank 3 & 4): $750 to $1000 each
Individual prizes & other awards: $3000
Note: Teams representative must be present to receive the award.
GSI will have coordinator assigned to each field.
2 Umpires and a scorer will be provided.
LUNCH & WATER:
Lunch with water will be provided to all teams on Saturday.
Lunch with water will be provided to teams on Sunday at Bloomer Park ONLY.
LINK TO BUY THE RAFFLE TICKET: http://bit.ly/2tiRHqb
We will continue with our raffle in DC 2017 with more exciting prizes including a roundtrip ticket to DUBAI. We also added an incentive to individuals buying 5 or more tickets with a complimentary DC dinner ticket. Our idea is to have more cricket enthusiasts involved and participate in this initiative. All this is only possible with your continued sponsorship and GSI, yet again, is looking for your extended support.
Please support and contribute by buying your raffle tickets today.
We have more exciting details to share, please stay tuned!!!
Please mark your calendar and join us on July 7th, 8th & 9th for 2017 DC.
& DC organizing team
Buy your RAFFLE tickets
Highlights of DC 2016
- DC 2016 was sanctioned by the International Cricket Council (ICC), governing body of International Cricket. This was a proud moment for all of us and to make it even better we were blessed with the presence of the man himself, ICC President, Mr. Zaheer Abbas.
- No one could have dared to think of organizing a “Day & Night” game in Michigan. We did, and did it in style. We had two exciting “Day & Night” games as a part of DC 2016 with the guest of honor, Mr. Zaheer Abbas, ICC President and Mr. Jalal-ud-Din, level 4 Coach and former test cricketer, gracing their presence in the audience.
- We promised to provide more games to the teams and to have live online scoring and stood by the words.
- Level 1 Coaching certification by Mr. Jalal-ud-Din, level 4 Coach and former test cricketer, was a great success and individuals received their certificates after the 2 day, 8 hr. course.
- DC dinner with ICC President, Mr. Zaheer Abbas was again a grand success in which we gave a getaway vacation to CURACAO and other cool prizes including an apple watch via raffle tickets.
- Our grand sponsor FIAT was able to display its cars during the DC finals which provided maximum mileage within the cricket lovers of Michigan.
To sum up, DC 2016 was a grand success with Srilanka Lions winning the championship.